Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Sidekick 4g




This commercial is for a Tmobile Sidekick 4g. This commercial depicts two people standing against a plain white background, this is most likely for the purpose of not distracting the consumer so that they may focus all of their attention on the product. On one side they have the "Tmobile spokesgirl" she has been a repeat in the Tmobile ad campaign that people have come to recognize in association with the brand. We see a new face in this commercial in the shape of a young man who then begins to rap. It may just be my personal opinion, but I don't understand......literally I don't understand what the guy is rapping about. It seems like that is the point as they then begin to show a prompter at the bottom of the screen that sort of translates what the guy is saying because he is going so fast. Now, when I am watching tv, I know the last time I want to do is force my brain to function so that I can read what is being said. This could explain why I dislike foreign films. While i understand he is rapping about how cool this new phone is, I don't really understand why they couldn't let him be understood.

1 comment:

  1. You know what else this reminds me of - Apple commercials? Two people shown on a white background. Do you think that's what they are aiming for?

    ReplyDelete