Saturday, June 4, 2011




My first thoughts when seeing this commercial were, "So this was about a car.....right?" This minute long commercial long commercial left me feeling confused at the very least. I could not understand what this little boy in a star wars costume had to do with the car. This leads me to believe, what I have suspected about commercials for a long time, they are slowly losing their focus. It is a pattern that I have found in commercials. I find myself wondering what the purpose of them was. I don''t believe that this was their desired effect.

1 comment:

  1. Gabby, this was actually aired on this year's Super Bowl. I blogged about it also but I enjoyed it. It just goes to show that different people interpret commercials differently. Therefore, the most important thing for an advertiser is to make sure that their "target" understands and is motivated by the ad.

    ReplyDelete